What ANTIGENcy is: It’s a group of curious people that have begun to create a way for organizations (ANTIGENcy customers) to better anticipate and outflank adverse business outcomes. It’s designed to help them become better acquainted with their futures.
ANTIGENcy is a product and a service. The antigen is the product. The application of the antigen and creation of the custom process is the service and it looks like this:
- Research the organization/on-boarding
- Administering the VAT(vulnerability assessment test)/scoring
- Planning for the injecting of the antigen(s)
- Injecting the antigen
- Observing the outcome(s)
- Overseeing the building of the antibodies
- Periodic assessment of the antibodies efficacy
- Continuous improvement cycles to keep the organization fit
So, first, there is a product that will take the shape of a library of growing antigens categorized as follows:
3. People & Culture (human capital)
4. External (marketing, advertising, etc.)
6. Operations (process & methods)
7. Sales (revenue & profit)
8. Environment (physical space & location)
9. Knowledge & Learning
Based on the client organization’s Vulnerability Assessment Test results, we would be able to steer them toward a specific category.
Second, there is a service, a consultation that allows for ANTIGENcy partners to help the organization plan for, administer and apply changes to allow for growth or suppression of the adverse events they’re guarding against.
There are many benfits to this approach over traditional management consulting. Foremost is ANTIGENcy’s belief that approaching sticky business problems is more than a mere prescriptive approach to problems they know they have. The difference lies between knowing you have a specific problem and knowing how to fix it (conventional approach), and not knowing you have vulnerabilities and seeking out to address them. This approach forces organizations to see around corners, to think laterally about the future and bolstering defenses before they become liabilities.
The ANTIGENcy approach is an effective way to present complex scenarios in a coherent, integrated picture that allows leaders to prepare for a more productive future.
It also allows for org’s to gain exposure to a broader array of potential problems than they may have exposure to in the present. It forces them to look at and gauge the importance of adjacent or tangential problems or challenges and their vulnerability to them and gives them an opportunity to become aware of them, at the very least and an opportunity to take steps to actively guard themselves against these problems.
A tangible selling point of this approach needs to be that if one subscribes to the ANTIGENcy library, they will soon have access to a growing body of maturing scenarios and viable means to protect themselves from unanticipated liabilities. I call this recombinance.
In essence, if one subscribes to the service, they gain access to the whole library giving them wide access to the means and ways that other organizations have used the antigens. If company A used antigen X, then company B should be able to benefit from the learning of company A and so on.
The goals of ANTIGENcy are:
- To produce a valued disruption in traditional management consulting.
- To help bold organizations play a more active role in their futures.
- To make the client company have more fun with important work.
- To grow a powerful library of business antigens that is valued by all who touch them.
- Create a significant demand for this approach that organizations want to subscribe to.
- Help organizations identify or self-diagnose what their limitations and barriers are and give them a means to address them.
The objectives of ANTIGENcy are to:
- Create a business allowing approximately 15 smart and creative people to innovate a disruption to conventional management consulting.
- To produce a profit allowing 15 people to live a balanced working life and be engaged in their work.
- To become a B-Corp and give significant profits back to the communities in which we work.
- To gain 25 clients within the first year and 100 clients within the first two years.
If you are interested in this approach please contact Steven Keith (919) 771-5219.
Filed under: Uncategorized, B-Corp, Goals, Innovation, Objectives, VAT